At Rocket Fix, we live for technology. We work carefully to ensure every customer has a working phone when they leave one of our shops. Cell phones act as a primary connection to your family, friends, employer, social media, and endless entertainment options. Like all great things, there is a chance you’ll encounter a technical hiccup at some point. Luckily, you can turn to Rocket Fix for phone repairs. Rocket Fix is mobile phone repair call-out service offering people a flexible and hassle-free mobile phones repairs. We have technicians based right across the country ready to repair your device at a time and place that is convenient to you. Whether it’s an office, your home, or even a local cafe – we will fix your phone in front of you in a moment!

We take pride in what we do and have made thousands of repairs of all types. In the last year alone, we have seen a staggering amount of call-out jobs and mail-ins come through our site, and thus, we wanted to share with you the most popular mobile phone repairs. Whether you have dropped your iPhone on the dance floor on a fun night out, or are just fed-up of having a few hours use before your battery gives up the ghost, we’ve seen it all! However, the most common repairs we make at Rocket Fix are as follows:


Broken Front Screens are The Most Common Repair

As you can expect broken front screens top the list in phone repairs for Android, iOS and Windows devices, from faulty screens to cracked screens, or completely shattered screens and if you watch “Cell Phone and Selfie Fails” you will see how people ridiculously break their phones. Most of these involve smashed screen mishap.

A broken screen can relate to several issues, it could be the glass that has broken, the LCD display, or the digitize. We use the highest quality bonded units in our repairs which means that the digitize that makes the touchscreen work, the LCD, and glass are all bonded together as a unit. This eliminates any issues occurring from fitting these parts individually and running into misalignment between the display, glass and the digitize.

You can read more about what to do if you have a broken screen, here.

In total, broken screens make up 66.2% of our mobile phone repairs, which shows that people really need to hold onto their devices.  The other 33.8% are other repairs such as battery replacements, button faults, sound issues and charging issues.


The Home Button

Most smartphones have a screen that fits the full face of the device along with a ‘Home’ button. You might think you don’t need this button until it stops working. When this happens, you lose the ability to navigate your phone. As we all know it usually happens with iPhones. We’re familiar with this problem and can get it working in no time at all.

Charging Port

You will see that the iPhone 4S has brought up the rear of our list, with a battery replacement repair. Your charging port can wear out over time. This is especially true if you’ve ever jammed the charger into the port or twisted the cable when not in use. The charger point can also break off and stuck inside the port. Because this is a sensitive issue, we advise not try any DIY and bring your cell phone to us for an examination.

Water Damage

A number of phones are advertised as “water-resistant”. Be aware that when phone manufacturers say this, it only applies to a special set of circumstances. We wouldn’t advise submerging any smartphone in water unless it is absolutely necessary. Because we take our phones everywhere, we risk dropping them into water or other liquid. When this happens, turn off your device and remove the battery if possible.

  • Do not turn it on
  • Or press any buttons or keys
  • Do not shake, tap or bang the phone
  • Don’t blow on it. This could send water into other internal parts of the phone, causing more damage in the process
  • Do not heat it up (that includes using a blow dryer or microwaving it)

Skip the dryer method and leave the rice for a side dish at dinner. Take your phone to any of our locations as soon as possible to ensure a speedy, hassle-free phone repair.

No matter what issue you’re experiencing, we can handle it. Stop by Rocket Fix or give us a call to find your nearest location.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© 2019: Alinechicago | GREEN EYE Theme by: D5 Creation | Powered by: WordPress